A Bhutanese wedding is much more than a simple exchange of vows and rings. It includes a number of religious rites performed by Buddhist monks and lamas. This represents the importance of the bond between a husband and wife (or partners). The wedding ceremony is a blessing for a lifetime of love and happiness.
These marriage also have unique features and the Buddhist wedding in Bhutan are sober affairs, with focus on marriage rituals the wedding are usually a gigantic relationship, and also sometimes whole villages are invited along with numerous extended families.
Happiness Journey Bhutan Tours and Treks can can arrange marriage and blessing in traditional Bhutanese style at magnificent and massive ancient places like Fortresses, Monasteries and the Temples. Traditional dress is worn by both bride and groom, and Lama (Monk) performs the customary puji to formalize the wedding. Butter lamps are lit at the monastery during wedding day which lends a magical touch to the ceremony. The traditional Bhutanese ceremony was performed by the monks. Monks will conduct ceremonial prayer, using the traditional musical instruments like drums, horns and cymbals infuse a peaceful and mystical ambience to the ceremony.
Wedding Ceremony Arrangement
- Coordination and contact
- Blessing ceremony arrangement
- Venue charge for the blessing ceremony in temple
- Conducting fee by the monks team of 10
- Bhutanese horn Musician
- Free use of 1 set of Traditional Bhutanese costume for Bride & groom during wedding and photo shooting
- Free use of Traditional accessories for the wedding and photo shooting
- Performing of Culture Entertainment for the couple or group
- Arrangement of fresh bouquet flowers for photo shooting ( Depending on Season)
- Photographer and Make-up Artists