Paro Rinpung Dzong

Rinpung Dzong, also known as “fortress of the heap of jewels “, was built during the time of Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal in 1646. It now houses the administrative offices of Paro Dzongkhag. The approach to the Dzong is through a traditional covered bridge called the Nemi Zam. A walk through the bridge to the Dzong, over a stone inlaid path, offers a good view of the architectural wonder of the Dzong as well as life around it. It is also venue of the Paro Tshechu (religious dance festival), held once a year in spring.